60 Survival Quotes

RELATED QUOTES

The secret of survival is a defective imagination. John Banville
Download Wallpaper:

But nothing less than the most radical imagination will carry us beyond this place, beyond the mere struggle for survival, to that lucid recognition of our possibilities which will keep us impatient, and unresigned to mere survival. Adrienne Rich
Download Wallpaper:

This survival of the fittest implies multiplication of the fittest. Herbert Spencer
Download Wallpaper:

Starving artist' is acceptable at age 20, suspect at age 40, and problematical at age 60. Robert Genn
Download Wallpaper:

In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment. Charles Darwin
Download Wallpaper:

My survival was up to me. I had nothing and I had no one. What I did have, I told myself, was my mind, my imagination, my memory, my feelings, my spirit. These were important and powerful things. John Marsden
Download Wallpaper:

In dire times of survival it's not uncommon for people to turn to their faith and that was also true for the men on the oil tanker Pendleton, which was cut in half by 60-foot waves during the hurricane. Jim Whittaker
Download Wallpaper:

Survival's the thing, isn't it? Janet Morris
Download Wallpaper:

I don't think of myself as a terribly confident person. But I have a survival mechanism that was instilled in me by my mother. Naomi Watts
Download Wallpaper:

When I played ball, I didn't play for fun. . . . It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a contest and everything that implies, a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest. Ty Cobb
Download Wallpaper:

This preservation of favourable variations and the destruction of injurious variations, I call Natural Selection, or the Survival of the Fittest. Variations neither useful nor injurious would not be affected by natural selection and would be left a fluctuating element. Charles Darwin
Download Wallpaper:

The violence that we had in the 60's was limited. The next time it will be unlimited because the violence in the 60's was a struggle for human dignity and for human rights. The next struggle will be a struggle for survival and it will not just be limited to Black people or Black against white, but it will be the poor people, the masses of the people of the country, struggling for the right to live or the right to survive. Robert F. Williams
Download Wallpaper:

Cooperation for mutual benefit, a survival strategy very common in natural systems, is one that humanity needs to emulate. Eugene Odum
Download Wallpaper:

Patriotism is a survival from barbarous times which must not only be evoked and educated but which must be eradicated by all means - by preaching, persuasion, contempt and ridicule. Leo Tolstoy
Download Wallpaper:

The pre-human creature from which man evolved was unlike any other living thing in its malicious viciousness toward its own kind. Humanization was not a leap forward but a groping toward survival. Eric Hoffer
Download Wallpaper:

Compassion and love is the source of external and internal peace and is also the root of racial survival. Dalai Lama
Download Wallpaper:

Survival is not possible if the best of us lack all conviction, while the worst of us are full of passionate intensity. John Silber
Download Wallpaper:

Tolerance, openness and understanding towards other peoples' cultures, social structures, values and faiths are now essential to the very survival of an interdependent world. Aga Khan Iv
Download Wallpaper:

Millions for defense, but not one cent for survival. Alfred Bester
Download Wallpaper:

Humor is a survival tool. Erica Jong
Download Wallpaper:

| NEXT PAGE >