1984 Thought Quotes

RELATED QUOTES

Awareness is conscious connection with universal intelligence. Another word for it is Presence: consciousness without thought. Eckhart Tolle

Sales of George Orwell's 1984 have skyrocketed. It's true. So the fallout from the (NSA spying) scandal is worse than we thought. It's forcing Americans to read. Conan O'Brien

I've thought hard about my psychological connections and I think I've managed to separate out the psychological from the legal, moral, and political. Alan Dershowitz

The animals are at a level prior to thinking. They haven't lost themselves in thought. We rise above thinking and then we meet them again, where we're both in no-thought. There's a deep connection. Eckhart Tolle

The interpretation of thought as ""inner speech" has taken different forms, and has been used to clarify a variety of problems-thus problems pertaining to the logical forms of thought and the connection of thought with things. Wilfrid Sellars

The Christian cannot be satisfied so long as any human activity is either opposed to Christianity or out of connection with Christianity. Christianity must pervade not merely all nations but also all of human thought. John Gresham Machen

Marketers know - no matter how deep the emotional connection or brand loyalty - when a product does not perform, rational thought overtakes emotion, and most consumers make a new choice. Mark Mckinnon

When I was meeting people in L.A., guys always thought if they paid for dinner, they deserved a blow job. But generally, I'll say this - and I'll say it proudly - I can't sleep with someone if I don't have a connection with them. Katy Perry

Own your failure openly, publicly, with genuine regret but absolutely no shame, and you"ll reap a harvest of forgiveness, trust, respect, and connection-the things you thought you"d get by succeeding. Ironic, is' it? Martha Beck

I'd just recorded it in Mariah Carey's studio. THey thought the song was perfect for Nina, because she's so shy, so it was nice to have that connection with Nina in the song. It was special. Delta Goodrem

People today sometimes get uncomfortable with empirical claims that seem to clash with their political assumptions, often because they haven't given much thought to the connections. Steven Pinker

I've had moments when I've thought about somebody, picked up the phone to call them and they are on the line already, and I think that maybe there's some vibration, some connection. Clint Eastwood

I have always thought it was important to maintain some connection for myself to what it takes to make a song work by myself, to put a song across to an audience by myself. Jeff Tweedy

Everyone does what they can to avoid thinking. Laziness is the most basic human trait. People don't want to think - they can't make the connection between entertainment and thought, they want immediate kicks. People will not be human until they get pleasure from thought. Only a thinking person can be a full person. Vera Chytilova

There is a pretty interesting document called 'action writing.' Which is not all about spontaneity and first thought, best thought,' but a certain kind of attention to the smallest increments of the phonemes of language, The kind of power of connection, what he is able to do with language. Anne Waldman

I think animation is a very truthful way to express your thoughts, because the process is very direct. That's what I've always liked about animation, particularly abstract animation. You go from the idea to execution, straight from your brain. It's like when you hear someone playing an instrument, and you feel the direct connection between the instrument and his brain, because the instrument becomes an extension of his arms and fingers. It's like a scanner of the brain and thought process that you can watch, or hear. Michel Gondry

R.G. Belsky's thought-provoking thriller, The Kennedy Connection, introduces us to a smart, witty, and human hero whose quest to find answers about two crimes - one famous, one all but unnoticed - is loaded with tension and full of unexpected twists and turns. I loved The Kennedy Connection, and can't wait for the next Gil Malloy novel. Jan Burke

The Wayshower is a compelling, multi-layered and complex spiritual journey about a guilt-ridden man searching to understand his connection to his guru J-R. Followers of the real-life guru, John-Roger, as well as a segment of new-thought seekers, will resonate with the messages and life lessons shared throughout. Arielle Ford

There is an intellectual function in us which demands unity, connection and intelligibility from any material, whether of perception or thought, that comes within its grasp; and if, as a result of special circumstances, it is unable to establish a true connection, it does not hesitate to fabricate a false one. Sigmund Freud

I thought about the bigger picture of my life, and about the people-and particularly the guys-I would encounter during my lifetime. How would I ever know when that moment was right, when expectation met anticipation and formed ... connection? Rachel Cohn

| NEXT PAGE >