1984 Thought Police Quotes

RELATED QUOTES

Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases. Al Sharpton

First of all I thought it was ugly, I thought it was ridiculous that undercover police guys would drive a striped tomato and I've never been a big champion of Ford. Paul M. Glaser

We are the dead. Our only true life is in the future. We shall take part in it as handfuls of dust and splinters of bone. But how far away that future may be, there is no knowing. It might be a thousand years. At present nothing is possible except to extend the area of sanity little by little. We cannot act collectively. We can only spread our knowledge outwards from individual to individual, generation after generation. In the face of the Thought Police there is no other way. George Orwell

Good police officers are ugly. Jo Nesbo

The animals are at a level prior to thinking. They haven't lost themselves in thought. We rise above thinking and then we meet them again, where we're both in no-thought. There's a deep connection. Eckhart Tolle

The interpretation of thought as ""inner speech" has taken different forms, and has been used to clarify a variety of problems-thus problems pertaining to the logical forms of thought and the connection of thought with things. Wilfrid Sellars

The Thought Police: To censor and protect. Craig Reucassel

When I was meeting people in L.A., guys always thought if they paid for dinner, they deserved a blow job. But generally, I'll say this - and I'll say it proudly - I can't sleep with someone if I don't have a connection with them. Katy Perry

Gun control responsibilities are taking police officers off the street and adding to crime. Stockwell Day

In a police state, referencing one's rights is seen as an act of aggression. Philip Schuyler

There are always risks in challenging excessive police power, but the risks of not challenging it are more dangerous, even fatal. Hunter S Thompson

Well, intuition isn't much help in police work. Facts are what we need. Crane Wilbur

I want to live in a city where the police don't shoot you. Martin Firrell

If the police don't defend us, maybe we ought to do it ourselves. Paul Kersey

I'm not sure how healthy it is to shoot police helicopters with bazookas. Moby

Your hair is so white now it can talk back to the police. Cecily Strong

We are not governed by armies or police, but by ideas. Mona Caird

I think animation is a very truthful way to express your thoughts, because the process is very direct. That's what I've always liked about animation, particularly abstract animation. You go from the idea to execution, straight from your brain. It's like when you hear someone playing an instrument, and you feel the direct connection between the instrument and his brain, because the instrument becomes an extension of his arms and fingers. It's like a scanner of the brain and thought process that you can watch, or hear. Michel Gondry

The Wayshower is a compelling, multi-layered and complex spiritual journey about a guilt-ridden man searching to understand his connection to his guru J-R. Followers of the real-life guru, John-Roger, as well as a segment of new-thought seekers, will resonate with the messages and life lessons shared throughout. Arielle Ford

There is an intellectual function in us which demands unity, connection and intelligibility from any material, whether of perception or thought, that comes within its grasp; and if, as a result of special circumstances, it is unable to establish a true connection, it does not hesitate to fabricate a false one. Sigmund Freud

| NEXT PAGE >