1984 About War Quotes

RELATED QUOTES

"Red Dawn" was a movie made in 1984 I think about World War III. If you have not seen it and plan on watching it, you want to close your eye and cover your ears but not really. You can figure it out. Rachel Maddow

...the object of waging a war is always to be in a better position in which to wage another war. George Orwell

Records told the same tale, then the lie passed into history and became truth. George Orwell

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. George Orwell

The fact that we don't' talk about it, that we don't have a politics in which this question of war and peace can even get onto the table, so that we can open up our Orwell, our 1984, or Animal Farm, or whatever, and read the political text that's being spotted to us on the television right off of the page; the fact that we don't have a politics robust enough to actually debate whether or not we want to be a country permanently at war. That's what keeps me from sleeping at night. Glenn Loury

If the American people had known the truth - that Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and other top administration officials knew that the Benghazi attack was an al-Qaida terrorist attack from the get-go - and yet lied and covered this fact up - Mitt Romney might very well be president. These documents also point to connection between the collapse in Libya and the ISIS war - and confirm that the U.S. knew remarkable details about the transfer of arms from Benghazi to Syrian jihadists. Tom Fitton

The connection between dress and war is not far to seek; your finest clothes are those you wear as soldiers. Virginia Woolf

Was George Orwell right about 1984? Steve Jobs

When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. Dwight D Eisenhower

Sir, if you ever presume again to speak disrespectfully of General Grant in my presence, either you or I will sever his connection with this university. Robert E Lee

Most American fascists are enthusiastically supporting the war effort. They are doing this even in those cases where they hope to have profitable connections with German chemical firms after the war ends. Henry A Wallace

Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing. Dwight D Eisenhower

From where Winston stood it was just possible to read, picked out on its white face in elegant lettering, the three slogans of the Party: WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. George Orwell

What's so civil about war anyway? Axl Rose

What's so civil about war anyway? Axl Rose

What is absurd and monstrous about war is that men who have no personal quarrel should be trained to murder one another in cold blood. Aldous Huxley

When you boil war down or all conflict down to two people, its a great advert for humanity sometimes. People can find connections with each other, regardless of the bigger picture. John Bradley-West

I had a visceral connection to the period [of Korean War]. By visceral I suppose I mean emotional. But every fiction requires so much that is not that so I did a lot of other research and a lot of thinking, a lot of struggling there. Chang-Rae Lee

We're talking about a prison-industrial complex. We're talking about a war on drugs that's generating unprecedented levels of incarcerated folk. We're talking about dilapidated housing. We're talking about joblessness and underemployment. Cornel West

What is not conservative about saying, 'Don't go to war unless we go to war properly with a full declaration of war and no other way?' Ron Paul

| NEXT PAGE >