1984 About Happiness Quotes

RELATED QUOTES

And yet, even so, there is a way to find happiness. That is to be curious about all of the interlocking events that add up to our lives. To notice connections. To be amused or perhaps frightened by the ways things work out. If the universe is indifferent, what a consolation that we are not. Roger Ebert

If you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness. Robertson Davies

Silence was the cure, if only temporarily, silence and geography. But of what was I being cured? I do not know, have never known. I only know the cure. Silence, and no connections except to landscape. Mary Cantwell

What is without us has no connection with happiness, only so far as the preservation of our lives and health depends upon it. . . . Happiness springs immediately from the mind. Benjamin Franklin

Happiness is all about milking the "sacred now". Robert Holden

Materialism is toxic to happiness, and we are losing our connection to the natural world. James Gustave Speth

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life. All that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Albert Einstein

I learned that money's not happiness. The more famous I am and the more money I make, the closer I stay to my family and friends that I've known since junior high school. True happiness to me is the connection with fellow human beings I've known for a long time. Dat Phan

It's all about hope, kindness and a connection with one another. Elizabeth Taylor

Succeeding in business is all about making connections Richard Branson

I've been thinking about happiness-how wrong it is ever to expect it to last or there to be a time of happiness. It's not that, it's a moment of happiness. Almost every day contains at least one moment of happiness. May Sarton

To know anything about oneself one must know all about others. Oscar Wilde

Money can't buy you happiness but it can pay for the plastic surgery. Joan Rivers

Now, when ordinary people attempt to find happiness, I am not sure whether the happiness is really happiness or not. I study what ordinary people do to find happiness, what they struggle for, rushing about apparently unable to stop. Zhuangzi

Attaining lasting happiness requires that we enjoy the journey on our way toward a destination we deem valuable. Happiness is not about making it to the peak of the mountain nor is it about climbing aimlessly around the mountain; happiness is the experience of climbing toward the peak. Tal Ben-Shahar

People simply feel better about themselves when they"re good at something. Stephen Covey

People simply feel better about themselves when they're good at something. Stephen Covey

Lesson no. 17: Happiness is caring about the happiness of those you love. Francois Lelord

Surely there could not be any doctrine more strongly expressed in the scriptures than the Lord's unchanging commandments and their connection to our happiness and well-being as individuals, as families, and as a society. L. Tom Perry

I've come to believe that seeking happiness is not a frivolous pursuit. It's honorable and necessary. And most people forget even to thing about it. Goldie Hawn

| NEXT PAGE >