10 Signs of Emotional Abuse

RELATED QUOTES

People who have addictive problems usually have some subset of emotional difficulties that causes them to abuse substances. Leigh Steinberg
Download Wallpaper:

Screaming at children over their grades, especially to the point of the child's tears, is child abuse, pure and simple. It's not funny and it's not good parenting. It is a crushing, scarring, disastrous experience for the child. It isn't the least bit funny. Ben Stein
Download Wallpaper:

Abused as we abuse it at present, dramatic art is in no sense cathartic; it is merely a form of emotional masturbation... Aldous Huxley
Download Wallpaper:

Emotional abuse is any type of abuse that is not physical in nature. It can include everything from verbal abuse to the silent treatment, domination to subtle manipulation. Beverly Engel
Download Wallpaper:

As usual, my mind is spinning in circles...is it me? Am I making mountains out of molehills? Being too analytical? Worrying about nothing? Being emotional? Kellie Pickler
Download Wallpaper:

Most of the people we see don't want to live in a shelter and feel save in their own little camp. Experience has taught me that almost 100 percent of these people suffered abuse as children. Well over half have emotional, mental problems. Most have drug and alcohol problems. John Gallagher Jr
Download Wallpaper:

Abuse of power comes as no surprise Jenny Holzer
Download Wallpaper:

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. Edmund Burke
Download Wallpaper:

Indeed, my conclusion from a lifetime of psychohistorical study of childhood and society is that the history of humanity is founded upon the abuse of children. Just as family therapists today find that child abuse often functions to hold families together as a way of solving their emotional problems, so, too, the routine assault of children has been society's most effective way of maintaining its collective emotional homeostasis. Lloyd deMause
Download Wallpaper:

There are many types of emotional abuse but most is done in an attempt to control or subjugate another person. Emotional abuse is like brainwashing in that it systematically wears away at the victim's self-confidence, sense of self, trust in her perceptions and self-concept. Beverly Engel
Download Wallpaper:

Although I haven't experienced violence in a relationship, I know that two women every week in England and Wales are killed by their partner or ex-partner, and that unless we act now, many more women will die because of domestic violence. We must speak out now against all forms of domestic violence, not only physical abuse but also the emotional, sexual and financial abuse which means that many women are afraid to be at home with their partner. Jemma Kidd
Download Wallpaper:

Child abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime. Herbert Ward
Download Wallpaper:

I think his portraits of Jackie, Liz, Marilyn, Mao, Elvis, Lenin - and objects like the soup cans, the dollar signs, the hammer and sickle, it's all about icons. Its all about what people worship in an irreligious or secular world. In terms of Andy's personality and Andy Warhol as a human being who I was very close to, I still feel kind of sorry for him on a personal level. I mean, he was the ultimate example of great success wrapped around inner turmoil and emotional pain. Bob Colacello
Download Wallpaper:

With emotional abuse, the insults, insinuations, criticism, and accusations slowly eat away at the victim's self-esteem until he or she is incapable of judging a situation realistically. He or she may begin to believe that there is something wrong with them or even fear they are losing their mind. They have become so beaten down emotionally that they blame themselves for the abuse. Beverly Engel
Download Wallpaper:

With emotional abuse, the insults, insinuations, criticism, and accusations slowly eat away at the victim's self-esteem until he or she is incapable of judging a situation realistically. He or she may begin to believe that there is something wrong with them or even fear they are losing their mind. They have become so beaten down emotionally that they blame themselves for the abuse. Beverly Engel
Download Wallpaper:

Through the machineries of greed, pettiness, and the abuse of power, love occurs. Thomas Pynchon
Download Wallpaper:

Let us not forget who we are. Drug abuse is a repudiation of everything America is. Ronald Reagan
Download Wallpaper:

The results of any traumatic experience, such as abuse, can only be resolved by experiencing, articulating, and judging every facet of the original experience within a process of careful therapeutic disclosure. Alice Miller
Download Wallpaper:

Pity is a benign form of abuse. Michael J Fox
Download Wallpaper:

I think we start suffering as soon as we come out of the womb. I think that people tend to stereotype. When they think of suffering, they think of abuse - physical abuse, emotional abuse, poverty, that kind of thing. There's different levels of suffering. I don't think that it has to do with how much money you have - if you were raised in the ghetto or the Hamptons. For me it's more about perception: self-perception and how you perceive the world. Lucinda Williams
Download Wallpaper:

| NEXT PAGE >