10 Famous Quotations

RELATED QUOTES

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. Bartlett's Familiar Quotations is an admirable work, and I studied it intently. The quotations when engraved upon the memory give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more. Winston Churchill
Download Wallpaper:

Have you ever observed that we pay much more attention to a wise passage when it is quoted, than when we read it in the original author? Philip Gilbert Hamerton
Download Wallpaper:

Strawberry fields forever John Lennon
Download Wallpaper:

There's a famous quotation from the time the Buddha learned of the deaths of two of his greatest disciples: "It's as if the sun and the moon have left the sky." From that quotation, I would guess that while the Buddha loved all beings everywhere, with no exclusion, he also had relationships that were special to him, and he felt their loss. Sharon Salzberg
Download Wallpaper:

Oh, I am not going to die, am I? He will not separate us, we have been so happy. Charlotte Bronte
Download Wallpaper:

A dying man can do nothing easy. Benjamin Franklin
Download Wallpaper:

All is lost. Monks, monks, monks! Henry VIII of England
Download Wallpaper:

Boxing is just show business with blood. Frank Bruno
Download Wallpaper:

In life, never spend more than 10 percent of your time on the problem, and spend at least 90 percent of your time on the solution. Tony Robbins
Download Wallpaper:

This maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. Edgar Allan Poe
Download Wallpaper:

I'm not in the business of becoming famous. And that's the advice I give to younger aspiring actors. Work onstage and do the little roles. In the end it's not important to be seen. It's important to do. There's a lot of disappointment in this business, but my family keeps me grounded Kristen Bell
Download Wallpaper:

One of the beautiful things about baseball is the history. Jim Abbott
Download Wallpaper:

Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. Charles Shackleford
Download Wallpaper:

There are some concrete ways to create a winning attitude. But nothing beats practicing it. When you prepare to win, belief comes easily. Pat Summitt
Download Wallpaper:

I quote others in order to better express myself. Michel De Montaigne
Download Wallpaper:

Well named, Quotology contains everything you always wanted to know about quotations, quoters, quotees, quotation books, 'quoox' (quotations out of context), and their fascinating history. Marjorie Garber
Download Wallpaper:

That is the point of quotations. One can use another's words to be insulting. Carolyn Heilbrun
Download Wallpaper:

To be amused by what you read - that is the great spring of happy quotations. Charles Edward Montague
Download Wallpaper:

When a fissure off the California coast started pumping and dumping oil on the nearby towns and beaches, everybody started dumping on Union Oil. Matters weren't helped one iota by a manufactured quotation attributed to Union's president, Fred Hartley, alleging his amazement at the publicity for the loss of a few birds.... Fred Hartley never said what the press reported, as the transcript and the Senate committee members definitely established. But I don't suppose the truth will ever catch up with the more colorful falsehood. Malcolm Forbes
Download Wallpaper:

Quotations are best brought in to confirm some opinion controverted. Jonathan Swift
Download Wallpaper:

| NEXT PAGE >